The importance of putting a Strategic Plan together is in order to assist with the growth of the association as it gives all those involved a clear understanding about what the company is looking to achieve and how it is planning on getting there by providing direction.
SAACI aim is growing the business events industry in Southern Africa
· By providing a platform whereby members may obtain a qualification or continue to improve on their skills through a
· By partnering with public and private enterprises to ensure that issues affecting our industry are lobbied at the highest
· By linking up with international businesses and associations to keep up to date with the current trends around the
2. SAACI’s STRATEGIC GOALS
· To pro-actively identify and respond to issues impacting on the conference, meetings and events industry and where
necessary to engage and lobby public and private sector bodies regarding issues of interest and concern to the
· To provide a gateway to knowledge and research that can be conveniently accessed by SAACI members to assist them
with future planning, decision-making and marketing
· To professionalize the industry through appropriate education and accreditation initiatives
· To develop and maintain specific-interest forums with individual goals and operational strategies that are clearly
communicated and achieved within the SAACI structures
· To maintain and further penetrate traditional membership target markets for SAACI and to identify and develop new
market segments (e.g. blue chip companies with events departments)
· With due consideration to the fact that ‘structure should follow strategy’ to grow SAACI’s full-time capacity and
to effectively manage and implement SAACI’s key strategies and actions. Also consider full-time offices in key branches
· To effectively and appropriately use the latest technology, e-tools and social media in all aspects of SAACI’s business
· To be internationally recognized as a leading industry organisation with professional membership
3. ASSOCIATION VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
The SAACI Vision
To be the globally recognized professional association of the business events industry in Southern Africa. To be the strategic link for the public and private sector.
The SAACI Mission
To create a platform for:
· Sustainable learning
· Provide strategic direction (policies and procedures)
· To grow the business events industry through strategic partnerships, networking and lobbying government
· Our members will conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times, by providing a good quality
service and being reliable. Our members are to abide by the SAACI Code of Conduct at all times and steps will be taken
should it be reported that this is not the case.
· SAACI wishes to grow the greater business events community through sustainable business practices by raising the
awareness of the culture diversity of South Africa, by conducting conferences & meetings in a responsible manner so
as not to have a negative impact on the local communities which in turn should also provide a viable financial legacy
for the host community all while ensuring the survival of the local environment through best greening practices.
· Ensuring that those within our industry as well as those entering into are educated to the best possible standards to
ensure the overall sustainability of the business events sector and growth of our industry both locally and abroad.
· In order to ensure the sustainability of our association and the sector SAACI has a duty to be creative with fresh
thinking ideas for our members and community to utilize in the betterment of their businesses.
· SAACI will have a knowledge base available to members which will provide documents that relate to best
practice, research and general information which our members will become accustomed to utilizing