Growing the business events industry in Southern Africa by:
- By providing a platform whereby members may obtain a qualification or continue to improve on their skills through a recognised programme.
- By partnering with public and private sector enterprises to ensure that issues affecting our industry are lobbied at the highest possible level.
- Linking up with international associations and businesses to keep up to date with trends across the globe.
The mandate of the Stakeholder Engagement Pillar is to identify, engage and leverage key stakeholders for the benefit of SAACI and our community in a non-profitable manner.
- Identify stakeholders on a provincial, national and African level.
- Create a brochure of the various stakeholders as a matrix engagement plan, this should include universities or hotel schools per city or provinces and countries
- Identify who SAACI stakeholders are local (Branch), Provincial (Branch), National (Head Office), International (Head Office)
- Identify international stakeholders
- Identified ICCA, IAPCO, PCMA, MPI and CIC who we are members with already
- Engage with potential members through telephone calls and letters followed up by personal meetings.
- Update all our stakeholders as per above on our strategic plan and upcoming events, sent letter or emailer to stakeholders quarterly on whats happening in SAACI
- Engagement between Branches and National Office.
- Highlight the importance of communication channels between head office and branches as create a standard operating procedure
- Create relationships with sister associations.
- SAACI has a great working relationship with Trade associations, AAXO, EXSA, SITE and SACIA
- SAACI together with FEDHASA and SATSA host a joint associations members meeting session in March and August each year in major cities across South Africa
- The Thursday eve before the congress commence the Board and Patron members have a interactive dinner where the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer updates patrons on the years progress
- Patron engagements to take place throughout the year